Ministry of Youth and Sports communications member has described the video made by Ethiopia-based Ghanaian footballers as unreasonable.
Renowned broadcaster Kofi Asare Brako has questioned the rationale behind the video made by the twenty-two players in Ethiopia that has been circulating since Tuesday.
Twenty-two Ethiopia-based Ghanaian footballers in a video pleaded to the Government of Ghana to come to their rescue.
The list of the stranded Ghanaian footballers in Ethiopia comprises of former Black Stars defender Lee Addy, Muntari Tagoe and Kweku Andoh who previously played for Asante Kotoko and Hearts of Oak respectively
According to Asare Brako, the video that has gone viral will taint the image of the Government of Ghana as well as the country's football governing body.
He said the footballers could have reached the Sports Ministry through a different channel rather than the video which hit the globe on Tuesday.
“It’s unfortunate that out of 22 players nobody could reason nobody could reason to that extent that it is not good to put this thing out there,” Asare Brako said in an interview with Kumasi-based YFM
“Now we’ve not had the same situation with Nigerian players, Togo players but they equally have players playing in other countries, so why should this thing happen at this moment,”
Brako said that his outfit has made steps to evacuate the stranded players from the East African nation in the coming days.
“We’ll do our best possibly to make sure we’ll meet them halfway. What it means is that if we do it for Ethiopia today, are we going to do it for other players in other countries all over the world?
“That is one challenge. So we are extra as to how best we are able to solve this issue.
“The Minister was touched by their plight so let’s see probably by close of the day on Friday we should be able to get a clear antidote as to how best we can help them,”