Sunday, 21 November 2021 17:25

MATCH REPORT: Great Olympics fight back to earn a point against Dreams FC in a six goal thriller Featured

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Accra Great Olympics pulled a great comeback to secure a 3-3 drawn game against Dreams FC at the Ohene Gyan Stadium in week 4 of the Ghana Premier League


The 'Still Believe' lads started explosively having broken the deadlock in just four minutes from kickoff

Abdul Fatawu Issahaku single handedly took on three defenders and was brought down for free kick. His delivery was met by Philemon Baffour to the opening goal. The national connection in there.
Great Olympics afterwards tried to pick up their pieces and made some incursions at goal but their effort were always stopped by the Dreams FC defence.
The young sensation Abdul Fatawu Issahaku at it again after scoring a beauty of goal with a thunderous hit from outside the box to double their lead leaving a wonderful eye-seeing at the Ohene Gyan Stadium.
Fatawu Issahaku in action again as he took the game by storm again on the 27th minute with yet another great finish after he dribbled from the centre-circle straight at goal to get his side's third of the day.
Great Olympics awarded a penalty on the 33rd minute. Maxwell Abbey Quaye scored to reduce the deficit making it 3-1 notching his fifth of the competition.
In the second half, the 'Dade' outfit after going back to the drawing came in so strong piling so much pressure on the visitors in search of the equalisers.
Great double stop from Dreams goalie Augusuine Koomson on the 50th mimute after making a fabulous save to deny a fine hit from the right flanks.
Penalty awarded again to Great Olympics on the 66th minute. Maxwell Abbey Quaye stepped up and scored again to make it 3-2.
It was an end to end action at some point with even exchanges but Olympics had always been the better side in the second phase of the game.
The Wonder club finally completed their comeback on the 84th minute from another spot-kick which was connected this time by Samuel Armah.
Six goal thriller as it ended 3-3 after full time.
Read 477 times