World Cup 2022 Betting Tips

22bet 100% Welcome Bonus Up To 750 GHS

CyberBet 100% Bonus Up To 300 Euro

Sunday, 25 September 2022 17:08

MATCH REPORT: Caleb Amankwah scored late to end the Super-Clash in a draw Featured

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Caleb Amankwah's late header earned a vital point for Hearts of Oak who played out to a 1-1 stalemate with rivals Asante Kotoko at the Baba Yara Stadium in week 3 of the 2022/23 Ghana Premier League

The Porcupine Warriors started on a higher note with some early incursions to take their opponents by surprise but couldn't make good use of the early chances that fell their way.

Goalkeeper Richmond Ayi was handed his first test after Isaac Oppong launched in a decent curler from outside the box but he tipped off for a wasted corner kick.
Hearts of Oak with their first attempt on the 12th minute. Junior Kaaba held play to create space for Gladson Awako but the former had his cross went above everyone in the box for a throw in.
Just two minutes after, the 'Phobians' created the best chance thus far in the game when Awako laid a pass to Kwadwo Obeng Jr in the box but shot side netting for another restart.
On the 24th minute, Richard Boadu stole from Awako and played a mirror pass to Steven Mukwala but Richmond Ayi to the rescue but his clearance wasn't the best and fell on the part of an opposing player but was brought down by Dennis Korsah who got booked afterwards. The free kick went off the human wall.
Junior Kaaba dropped to get in control, picked up Korsah on the left side of attack, he came off Agyapong to curl a decent one in but went across the face of goal.
Kotoko continued to mount so much pressure on Hearts of Oak and nearly scored on the 37th minute but Mukwala's close range tap in was denied timely by Zakari Yakubu who had his GPL debut today. No goal was produced at half time.
In the second half, both teams returned with a very high spirit leaving an even exchanges as they all kept on pushing for the opener.
On the 50th minute, Caleb Amankwah tried spreading the ball backwards to his goalkeeper but rather gifted to Steven Mukwala who made a decent run towards the box but his finishing was very poor. That was a chance!
Just a minute after, Hearts of Oak responded quickly through Suraj Seidu who made a blistering run from midfield to launch a hit but was piled out by Danlad Ibrahim.
Finally, Asante Kotoko snatched the lead on the 57th minute. Just what they have been hunting for.
A free kick was shortly taken to Richard Boadu at the edge of the box, he followed up with a straight strike of which Ayi failed to deal with properly and fell on the part of Yussif Mubarik who made no mistake by plotting into the net to leave the Kumasi fans in complete raptures.
The 'Phobians' tried to respond quickly with some attacks but the compact backline of Kotoko are always at the right place to check the asituation.
Substitute Nicholas Osei Bonsu came so close to doubling Kotoko's lead on the 66th minute after cutting in beautifully from the right but his shot was blocked in the box. A big appeal for penalty but the referee wasn't interested.
And Hearts of Oak got themselves back on level terms with just four minutes to full time after Caleb Amankwah headed into the net from Suraj Seidu's free kick. They really fought for it.
Another huge chance for Kotoko to restore their lead in the dying embers after Isaac Oppong laid off to Steven Mukwala at a close range but Ugandan blasted wide for a goalkick.
After 90 + 4 minutes, referee Selorm Yao Bless blew his whistle to end the game. Spoils shared between the two sides.

By: Iddriss Abdul Rahim 

Read 1857 times