Tuesday, 14 September 2021 10:28

Titus Glover blast GFA for CK Akonnor's sack Featured

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Former Member of Parliament for Tema East Constituency, Hon. Daniel Nii Kwartei Titus Glover has expressed his disappointment over the decision of the GFA to sack Black Stars head coach CK Akonnor.

The Executive Committee of the country's highest football governing body last Monday, announced the sacking of the senior national team gaffer Charles Kwablan Akonnor due to ill performance.

The Black Stars awful and appalling display in the World Cup qualifiers just recently, called for so much pressure on the Ghana Football Association to axe out the former Kotoko coach but however, some held different opinion.

This force the former Deputy Minister for Transport, to dare and challenge the GFA last week to sack coach CK Akonnor and face his wrath. The GFA despite those harsh words still went on to declare their decision. 

Speaking to Angel FM in Accra, the veteran politician looked very disturbed with the decision and stated CK Akonnor wasn't allowed to work independently reason behind his failure with the Black Stars. He said; 

“I’m not surprised at all, I got the info last Friday,” Hon Titus told Angel FM 102.9

“They’ve decided already, I still maintain my position, they made CK’s work difficult for him.

“They didn’t allow CK to do his job. Posterity will judge Kurt Okraku."

The Ghana Football Association also communicated that, a new coach will be named to head the Black Stars in the next 72 hours.

Read 379 times